Tuesday, February 01, 2005
** Iraq: Election Wrap-up
- No bloodbath, so the election beats expections. Big win for Bush.
- Left puzzled how to react to this. Can't feel happy because Bush is happy. But can't state this outright because you can't be hoping for a bloodbath.
- Still, Democrats have a window of opportunity to make the case that the election is over, when is Johnny coming home?
- Let's hope for the Iraqis' sake that Allawi didn't get many votes.
- On the other hand, for Iraqi womens' sake, let's hope that Sistani didn't get many votes, or otherwise it's back to the Middle Ages.
- Go Kurdistan?